Sycamore Gap

Sycamore Gap
appeared in th film 'Robin Hood' alongside Kevin Costner

Wednesday 23 June 2010

One week after the trek

I am still wordless to describe my feelings – exhausted, painful, excited, happy … I have no clue. I, however, still remembered the moment when I reached the finish point. The trek was tough and I was challenging my own limit.

But there is no limitation, I know.

Reading information as much as I could, doing 3-month fitness training, buying suitable socks (socks only, I did not spend much on clothing) that all helped me to achieve this goal easier and better.

When I chatted with fellow walkers, some were amazed by my 4.5day walk especially I did it alone. It was because most of them spent 6-8 days to finish the whole trip with families and friends.

Yeah, I am also flattered by myself.
No matter how harsh I found the trek was, I must confess that it is a trip that is much more unforgettable than the past ones. I did some evitable silly mistakes which made the walk longer and vanished both physical and psychological strengths. It was, moreover, an tempation made me nearly give up. These little difficulties are all my experiences and my history. They are parts of my life.

Human lives are really short comparing with the Hadrian’s Wall. While I was stepping on the ancient Roman sites, there was a Déjà vu feeling. I always though of the ancient Roman who built this marvelous wall. But what can we do to have a life without regrets? Do we seize the days? Do we cherish our experiences whatever good or bad?
I am an person with an ordinary life but I have no regrets in my life. So far.

I do wish everyone I met along the Wall have a healthy and happy life. Thank you so much for your encouragements and warm smiles.

No doubt, I express my humble gratitude to all of the sponsors both for RASHKB and the ORBIS.



That's me - a happy flying cow!!





No comments:

Post a Comment