Sycamore Gap

Sycamore Gap
appeared in th film 'Robin Hood' alongside Kevin Costner

Thursday 17 June 2010

B&B Review - Greencarts at Greenhead


After a long walk in a nasty weather, I was so surprised that someone called my name at the entrance of road, 'Are you Moody?' Hmmmm Who's that?! That was the B&B owner, Sandra, who estimated my arrival time.....OMG...it was so touching that who saved my last 0.5 km and dying energy.

It is understandable that everyone will be requested to remove their muddy & dirty boots at the entrance. Even though if Sandra did not request, I would love to keep the place clean and mud-free.

When I entered the bedroom...wow, it was a typical English bedroom with floral decoration. It was a clean and spacious twin ensuite bedroom with generous tea & coffee and welcoming biscuits. What a little sweet treat after a long day!
Nice and tidy ensuite twin room

I did not spend much time in sitting room with fellow walkers as I was too tired and needed to type my 'walking report' (there is no wifi/internet connection though). But a comfortable room with a TV (there was a football match on that night) kept me stay in my little paradise. Although the shower is not superb powerful (well, it's countryside not in city, comparative low water pressure of a farm is understandable), water is hot and easy to use.

The breakfast was BIG (for a 5'3" tall Asian female) and Sandra was so kind and generous to ask me to take anything I like. As usual, I did not eat bacon so Sandra gave me more mushrooms and tomatoes. It was happy to have a short chat with fellow walkers in a decent sitting room.

As I had to start my trek that I could not stay too long. Probably forgot to say Goodbye and Thank you to Sandra after putting my dirty boots on. Thus, the other visitors helped me to call Sandra who was workng in kitchen.

Greencarts was a good choice and a friendly B&B. I would recommend it.
 
 
Sitting room + dining room

Breakfast at window side

No comments:

Post a Comment