Sycamore Gap

Sycamore Gap
appeared in th film 'Robin Hood' alongside Kevin Costner

Monday 5 April 2010

ways to save money 1 - re-equip my backpack


It was such a temptation! I intended to buy a new Arc'teryx Silo 30 as it contains a pair of ice axe loops and its overall design is fascinating. In fact, it costs around HK$1,650 and it seems to be not very expensive for a good backpack. One of the great attractions of Silo 30 is that its ice axe loops are good for carrying my hiking pole. But I just asked myself one question: Is it necessary to buy another backpack? I have already had an Arro 16 for daily use.


After checking Silo 30 in the outdoor-mountain gear shop, the pack is slightly too big for 5-day trek along the Wall. It is not wise to carry such a big pack as I will hire a baggage transfer company to deliver my 60L backpack from B&B to B&B. It is in deed no special need to buy another pack. So...

I bought an adjustable strap with key clip and a small multi-purpose knife pocket (some camping/outdoor gear shops sell those spare parts). They just cost HK$43.



Well, I did the sewing myself!!


Done :) It is not just for holding the hiking pole but also a multi-purpose loop
Not bad, huh?! Colour, fibre and style match!

No comments:

Post a Comment